Thursday, March 14, 2013
On 4:59 PM by B. Ricardo Brown, Ph.D. in Critical Analysis, David Harvey, Forums/Lectures/Events, Geography, Labor Politics, Marx, Politics, Speaker Series, Urban Studies
The Department of
Social Science and Cultural Studies
Distinguished Professor of Anthropology & Geography
Graduate Center of the City University of New York (CUNY)
The Contradictions of Capital
The Contradictions of Capital
For full information & other formats, see
On February 26, 2013, the Department of Social Science & Cultural Studies at Pratt Institute welcomed David Harvey to speak as part of our department's lecture series. His presentation focuses on the distinction between Capital and Capitalism, the housing crisis, global economics, alternative currencies, and the impact of social movements such as Occupy Wall Street.
- Spring 2014 Special Topics Courses from the Department of Social Science & Cultural Studies
- Jazz Right Now -- Prof. Cisco Bradley's new blog on NYC's Improvised Jazz Scene
- Lisabeth During and Ross Poole on "Rape and the Republic" - Department of Social Science and Cultural Studies Speaker Series, March 19th
- Zach Slanger. The Will-to-Jouissance: Postmodern Hedonism between Enjoyment and Anxiety
- “QUESTIONING AESTHETICS”: A SYMPOSIUM - Pratt Institute
- ► 2014 (28)
- 5th Anniversary Wallabout Film Festival, Thursday,...
- Yes I do (k)not: Breaking Vows. An Irreverent Conv...
- Thursday, 12:30pm - Professor James Maffie: Weavin...
- Video: Nona Sheppard in conversation with Gregg Ho...
- Video of talk by Prof. David Harvey at Pratt Insti...
- Lisabeth During and Ross Poole on "Rape and the Re...
- Social Science and Cutlural Studies Speaker Series...
- ▼ March (7)
- ► 2012 (23)
Adorno Aesthetics Allison Bechdel Allison Gilbert Alumni/ae Amy Gansell Announcement Anthropology Archaeology Around Town Augustine Authority Autonomist Awards B. Ricardo Brown B.A. Major Barbara Browning Benjamin Lee Bertolt Brecht Bottici Brendan Fernandes Buddhism Caitlin Cahill Carl Zimring Carlin CFP Christian Parenti Claudio Lomnitz Community Organizing Courses Critical Analysis Critical Theory Cultural Studies David Harvey Department of Humanities & Media Studies Department of Social Science & Cultural Studies Dominique Miller During eco-feminism Education Environmental Justice Environmental Psychology Environmental Studies Erdogan Ethnography Exhibition Faculty and Student Work Faculty positions Federici Forums/Lectures/Events Foucault Francis Bradley Franco Berardi Franco Berardi Bifo Gansell Gender Geography Grace Myers Graduation/Convocation Gregg Horowitz Gregory Donovan Hassan Sharif Hinduism History of Science Human Trafficking Images and Politics individual Inter/Transdisciplinarity Interpretation Interview Jacques-Alain Miller Janet Abu-Lughod Jennifer Telesca John Rajchman Josh Blackwell Josiah Brownell Jr. Kara Walker Kumru Toktamis Labor Politics Lacan Lars Fogelin Lear deBessonet Liberal Arts Lisa Kron Lisabeth During Livy Lobell Lucretia Machiavelli Maffie Marx May Joseph Media Studies Media/Technology Minor Murtaza Vali Music Nona Sheppard Oscar H. Gandy Participatory Action Research Patricia T. Clough performace performance Philosophy Phyllida Lloyd Politics Poole Public Space Randy Martin Review Rizvi Sex Politics Shakespeare Shell Sheppard Slanger Social Justice Sociology Speaker Series Stanley Aronowitz Study Abroad Susie Linfield Sustainability Sustainability Studies Texts and Images The West Thesis Reading Tina Campt Toby Miller Traci Morris Turkey Twitter Urban Studies Verderber Visual Studies Wallabout Film Festival Work-in-Progress World History Zimring Zizek Zygmunt Bauman
c Creative Commons (use freely with attribution). All rights remain with authors.. Powered by Blogger.