A Message and Invitation to Lunch from Dean Andrew Barnes - October 4, 2011

9:43 AM

Dear SLAS students:   Welcome back to school!  By now I am sure that you have settled into the new semester and that your studies are going well.  

Perhaps not all of you know that I am the new Dean for the School of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Pratt.  I began on 1 July 2011 and since then I have been meeting with all of the constituency at Pratt to get a better understanding of Pratt's mission, the role of SLAS in the institution's goals, and the direction the faculty would like to see SLAS move in the next five years or so.  I would also like to get a better sense of Pratt from students, especially students majoring in CritViz or Writing. 

So, I have organized a Town Hall Meeting for SLAS majors on Tuesday, 4 October 2011 from 12:30 - 1:45 in Dekalb 206.  I will be serving lunch.  The town hall is a casual event that will give you a chance to tell me about your experiences thus far at Pratt, to tell me what is working well, and to advise me on how we might do things better. 

Please join me on Tuesday the 4th.  

Best, 
Andrew W. Barnes, Ph.D.
Dean
School of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Pratt Institute
200 Willoughby Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11205
718.636.3570

You Might Also Like

0 comments